The Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO) is calling on all Ukrainians to assist in signing an online petition, registered by The Bundestag, that will recognise the Holodomor of 1932-1933 as a genocide against the Ukrainian people.
50,000 signatures are needed by Monday 27th May 2019 to allow this petition to be considered by German MPs.
Details on how to sign are below:
1. Go to the Bundestag page where the petition is located: https://epetitionen.bundestag.de/petitionen/_2018/_12/_14/Petition_89118.nc.html
2. Click the “sign” (“Petition mitzeichnen”) icon
3. Click the “Register for the first time” icon (“Ich bin neu hier”)
4. At the bottom of the page, you will see a questionnaire you need to fill in (e-mail, come up with a password, name, last name, address, city, country)
5. The questions where the phrase “optionale Angabe” is indicated in the field, those are optional
6. Under the last line “telephone”, two boxes are placed, which need to be checked
7. If you want to fill anonymously, check the box in the bottom of the page opposite the phrase – Ich möchte ohne Namen…
8. Click the bottom button labeled “Jetzt registrieren und mitzeichnen”
9. At the end, you must confirm your registration by clicking on the link that will be sent to the email address you specified when registering