OPT OUT Request for CYM.org GSuite Account
To parents and guardians,
At the Ukrainian Youth Association (UYA), we use G Suite for Not-For-Profits / Education. We are advising you of our intention to provide and manage a CYM.org G Suite for Not-For-Profits (NFP) / Education account for your child. G Suite for NFP / Education is a set of education productivity tools from Google including Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Classroom, and more used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. At the UYA, yunatsvo will use their G Suite accounts to complete assignments, communicate with their vykhovnyky, and learn 21st century digital citizenship skills.
The notice below provides answers to common questions about what the UYA and Google can and can’t do with your child’s personal information, including:
- What personal information do they collect?
- How does the UYA and Google use this information?
- Will the UYA and Google disclose my child’s personal information?
- Does the UYA and Google use individual personal information for users under 18 to target advertising?
- Can my child share information with others using the G Suite for NFP / Education account?
Please read it carefully and let us know of any questions.
If you don’t provide your consent, we will not create a G Suite for NFP / Education account for your child.
If you wish for your child NOT to be provided with a CYM.org G Suite account, please indicate below and we will contact you to discuss further. Please be advised that yunatsvo who cannot use Google services may need to use other software to complete assignments or collaborate with their peers.
If you are happy for this account to be created, you do not need to do anything, as we will continue with the setup UNLESS we receive an OPT OUT notification from you by completing the form below.
G Suite for NFP / Education Notice to Parents and Guardians
This notice describes the personal information we provide to Google for these accounts and how Google collects, uses, and discloses personal information from students in connection with these accounts.
Using their G Suite for NFP / Education accounts, students may access and use the following “Core Services” offered by Google (described at https://gsuite.google.com/terms/user_features.html):
- Chrome Sync
- Cloud Search
- Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms
- Google Hangouts, Google Chat, Google Meet, Google Talk
In addition, we also allow students to access certain other Google services with their G Suite for NFP / Education accounts. Specifically, your child may have access to the following “Additional Services”:
Google provides information about the information it collects, as well as how it uses and discloses the information it collects from G Suite for NFP / Education accounts in its G Suite for Education Privacy Notice. You can read that notice online at https://gsuite.google.com/terms/education_privacy.html
You should review this information in its entirety, but below are answers to some common questions:
What personal information does the UYA and Google collect?
When creating an account, the UYA may provide Google with certain personal information about the individual, including, for example, a name, email address, and password. Google may also collect personal information directly from individuals, such as telephone number for account recovery or a profile photo added to the G Suite for NFP / Education account.
When an individual uses Google services, Google also collects information based on the use of those services. This includes:
- device information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number;
- log information, including details of how a user used Google services, device event information, and the user's Internet protocol (IP) address;
- location information, as determined by various technologies including IP address, GPS, and other sensors;
unique application numbers, such as application version number; and
- cookies or similar technologies which are used to collect and store information about a browser or device, such as preferred language and other settings.
How does the UYA and Google use this information?
In G Suite for NFP / Education Core Services, Google uses personal information to provide, maintain, and protect the services. Google does not serve ads in the Core Services or use personal information collected in the Core Services for advertising purposes.
In Google Additional Services, Google uses the information collected from all Additional Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Google and its users. Google may also use this information to offer tailored content, such as more relevant search results. Google may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Google services.
Does the UYA and Google use personal information for users under 18 to target advertising?
No. For G Suite for NFP / Education users under 18, Google does not use any user personal information (or any information associated with a G Suite for NFP / Education Account) to target ads, whether in Core Services or in other Additional Services accessed while using a G Suite for NFP / Education account.
Can my child share information with others using the G Suite for Education account?
We may allow yunatsvo to access Google services such as Google Docs and Sites, which include features where users can share information with others or publicly. When users share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google.
Will Google disclose my child’s personal information?
Google will not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With parental or guardian consent. Google will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google when it has parents’ consent (for users below the age of consent), which may be obtained through G Suite for NFP / Education.
- With The Ukrainian Youth Association. G Suite for NFP / Education accounts, because they are managed accounts, give administrators access to information stored in them.
- For external processing. Google may provide personal information to affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for Google, based on Google’s instructions and in compliance with the G Suite for NFP / Education privacy notice and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- For legal reasons. Google will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if it has a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, Google users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Google also shares non-personal information -- such as trends about the use of its services -- publicly and with its partners.
What choices do I have as a parent or guardian?
First, you can consent to the collection and use of your child’s information by Google. If you don’t provide your consent, we will not create a G Suite for NFP / Education account for your child, and Google will not collect or use your child’s information as described in this notice.
If you consent to your child’s use of G Suite for Education, you can access or request deletion of your child’s G Suite for NFP / Education account by contacting the UYA. If you wish to stop any further collection or use of your child's information, you can request that we use the service controls available to limit your child’s access to features or services, or delete your child’s account entirely. You and your child can also visit https://myaccount.google.com while signed in to the G Suite for NFP / Education account to view and manage the personal information and settings of the account.
What if I have more questions or would like to read further?
The Core G Suite for Education services are provided to us under Google’s Apps for Education agreement (at https://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/education_terms.html) .